1. What excites me about my job…
Shaping and changing the beauty industry through innovation.
2. What frustrates me sometimes…
When things don't work as fast as I would like.
3. My secret dream job
CEO of LUQOM Group – which will materialize from September 2022 😊
4. My top strategy for surviving a really bad day at the office
Focus on the successes and the overall strategy.
5. How I get into the flow
When I am able to make a big difference together with the team.
6. Biggest success so far
Growing DOUGLAS into the largest premium beauty platform in Europe with 1.2 billion in e-commerce sales in fiscal year 2021.
7. My greatest defeat
Professional life always consists of successes and failures – the important thing is that the successes outweigh the failures and that you have a positive attitude.
8. Worst buzzword
I am generally not a fan of buzzword bingo, but I am always interested in the impact behind an initiative.
9. The best reward after a hard week at work…
A family evening with delicious food.
10. Home office or in-house?
I prefer a healthy mix of both.
11. The most important quality a colleague/business partner can have
The will to change things and move things forward.
12. My creative hack
Putting myself in the shoes of the customers for whom something is to be developed.
13. The first website I check in the morning
The news: Handelsblatt and Bild
14. My favorite digital tool
Slack – communicating with different teams/people through it is so easy and straightforward. A real work enrichment!
15. The book or series from which I have learned the most for my (work) life
I am a big fan of "training on the job" – certainly books also help, but for me I have learned the most on the job.
16. Regardless of that, the series, book, or podcast I would recommend
Good biographies of interesting people, for example, Michelle Obama.
17. Most prominent follower on social media?
Good question... I'm happy to have a diverse network on my social channels.
17 and a half: What has always...
... bothered me: I need freedom to innovate and change, and I get dissatisfied when I can't live that out in my job. Fortunately, I've (almost) always had these opportunities and scope for creativity up to now.