1. What did you buy with your first self-earned money?
A Macbook Pro – I worked two summers at the local hospital (one in the kitchen and one in the library) for it.
2. What tools do you use to organize your finances?
Mainly Excel spreadsheets.
3. Do you own stocks or funds?
Yes, I inherited a bunch of stocks and funds from my parents and therefore started with an active investment strategy when I was 18 years old. Today, I also invest in ETFs on a regular basis and got rid of nearly all actively managed funds. But I still like investing in individual stocks.
4. If we gave you 1000 Euros, what would you do with the money?
Nothing special. I would invest it somehow and be happy that it brings me one step closer to my goal of financial freedom.
5. What is worth spending (a lot of) money on?
Traveling. I love exploring the world and getting to know new people and cultures.
6. Have you ever forgotten your PIN?
Yes, pregnancy-brain…and I was so sure that I put in the right one. But it was my pin three years before and the current one was just no longer on my mind.
7. How do you pay: card or digital?
Mostly card, but am looking forward to the increasing digitalization.
8. Last major purchase?
The car seat for our baby – safety is something we didn’t want to save money on so he got a very nice and secure baby-seat after becoming too big for his first one at around six months.
9. The last time you managed to resist the impulse to buy – and what was it?
Can’t remember. I don’t like spending money and shopping so this has never been an issue for me.
10. What is priceless?
The happy smile of our baby-investor.