1. What did you buy with your first self-earned money?
I was 12 years old and worked as a babysitter – probably candy and books that I devoured back then.
2. What tools do you use to organize your finances?
Self-made Excel spreadsheets adapted to my needs.
3. Do you own stocks or funds?
Funds, otherwise I’m more of a real-estate-security type.
4. If we gave you 1000 Euros, what would you do with the money?
10% “waste” and put the rest into my business, then it increases almost by itself.
5. What is worth spending (a lot of) money on?
On real estate, as the value increases constantly, and in moderation on everything that does me good; e.g. really a lot of money is in my garden as the enjoyment I get sitting there gives back several times.
6. Have you ever forgotten your PIN?
Yes, very funny – for ten years every summer I was at a windsurfing and dance school for young people on Corsica and lived there only with cash. After three months without using my card, I had to think about my PIN three times. Most of the time it worked when I didn’t think about it much and just trusted my automatic finger movement.
7. How do you pay: card or digital?
Offline cash or with card; online, mostly digital.
8. Last major purchase?
A large rainproof pavilion with truck tarpaulin for my garden, one of my best purchases to enjoy life in the rain in the garden, practically like a third room.
9. The last time you managed to resist the impulse to buy – and what was it?
Last week there was a turquoise cardigan which would have fit very well to the reduced-price dress I was buying, whose style I already have enough of and whose price tag I had read wrong. It would have been nice … but only the dress was allowed.
10. What is priceless?
Self-determined and freedom to live! Friendships, wonderful experiences, beautiful memories, and feeling good.