Anna Sophie Herken
Business Division Head at Allianz Asset Management GmbH
- Think and act long-term in your professional life: aim high and make sure you get paid well early on
- Do not accept gender stereotypes that prevent you from increasing your asset base: share household-, kids-related and other non-paid duties equally or find other fair solutions
- Understand the importance of freedom and choices: money does not make you happy but it allows you to have choices in life – be it professional or personal. And… it’s fun to see your assets grow
Aimee Lynn Johnson
Vice President Advanced Markets Life Financial Services at Allianz
- Ask – Do not be afraid to ask questions about money and investing. Knowledge is power, so do not let your lack of knowledge keep you from being successful. Also, negotiate your salary; ask for promotions and raises when you have earned them. You do not get, what you do not ask for. Take control of your financial future
- Do not procrastinate – Saving for your future is important and should not be taken lightly. Start now, there is not a better time to plan and prepare for your own future
- Participate – Women typically outlive men and live the results of a good financial strategy or the lack of one. Even if you do not manage the money in the household, it’s important for you to be involved so you can manage the money later if your situation warrants it
CEO & Co-Founder at Immutable Insights
- Know the price of your life choices, before you make them. You’re free in your choices, yet being blind about consequences limits choices later
- Consider your life time net present value as a guide to determine that price
- Understand the impact on your personal human and social capital for both: short term liquidity and long term equity value
Rukayyat Modupe Kolawole
Investment Coach, Advisor, Fintech Entrepreneur
- Start saving and investing now- Do not wait. Speak to a coach or an advisor if you have fear of investing or need to educate yourself on the basics. You are only powerless if you believe you are powerless.
- Be aware of your emotional connection with money- what is important to you? What legacy do you want to leave behind? Are you afraid you will run out of money? What are you concerned about?
- Understand your asset, liability and cashflow- look at what you own, what you owe, how much you are spending, how much do you need to retire, what do you want to pass down to your kids/generation. Think about your spending, longevity and legacy and act.
You will have to be a lion in order to be the lamb you want to be. Be ready to take control of your finances so you can have peace of mind.