1. What is your specific job?
I am a Business Process Consultant and Project Manager at SAP Service for Product Lifecycle Management. I accompany our customers in multiple industries and locations with the successful implementation of SAP products. I am currently developing in a new direction through my fellowship with Women in Technology. It is very inspiring and opens up new opportunities that I did not know before.
2. Your initial spark to enter this industry?
My initial impulse was my business studies with a focus on information management. Here I had my first encounter with SAP products. This new experience and the possibilities that came with it made me excited and eager for more.
3. Your most exciting project to date?
That had to do with a large customer in Mexico City, who introduced the whole range of our products. Add to that a different culture, language barriers, and an international team of consultants of various ages from all over the world.
4. Top skills that anyone, who wants to work in Tech need?
The joy for technology, the willingness to delve into topics, the courage to try out new things, to remain inquisitive and open for new items.
5. What advice would you give to young professionals starting in tech?
Look for sparring partners, mentors and coaches with whom you can exchange and consult. Be brave and try out new creative things and ways.
6. Your biggest role model?
It’s not a specific person, but a mixture of different people, such as Michelle Obama, Angela Merkel or Jen Morgen. I find the career and work of each of these women fascinating and inspiring.
7. People or media (blogs, podcasts) to follow?
My favorite podcast and YouTube channels are:
- Podcast GEDANKENTanken – topics concerning knowledge and ideas for more success in your job and life
- TECH TALK – let yourself be inspired
- Mai Thi Nguyen-Kim – Chemist – about science and the world
This article is part of a content cooperation between FemaleOneZero (F10) and SAP SE. In the newly established “Tech Agenda” category on #F10, we aim to present interesting women from SAP Labs worldwide, publish major interviews with thought leaders and background stories on digitization and innovation.